STIR is looking for an experienced Sr. Account Executive.
STIR is a Milwaukee-based integrated advertising and marketing communications firm located in Walker’s Point. The agency serves clients locally, nationally and globally with progressive business-to-business and business-to-consumer marketing communications campaigns. STIR specializes in integrating multiple marketing disciplines to generate innovative, insightful and effective communications. These disciplines include advertising, inbound marketing, public relations, design, social marketing, digital/web development, research and marketing consulting work. STIR is widely recognized as one of the top creative agencies in southeastern Wisconsin.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is the day-to-day account contact for the client, agency team, and external partners. Reporting to the VP, Director of Account Service, the primary responsibilities of this role include understanding the scope and context of integrated marketing campaigns, implementing complex programs across departments, driving monthly reporting for campaigns, and leading projects to successful completion.
The SAE also holds higher-level strategic thinking and has a proven track record of process and organization. They clearly understand and can articulate what opportunities each integrated marketing channel brings to the client challenge and works with his/her team to execute against the program’s deliverables. A successful SAE will ultimately require less guidance on day-to-day activities as he/she will be the leader on the account, supported by the senior management team. They comprehend social media and digital marketing initiatives and can successfully manage program execution and day-to-day implementation.
- Assist management in developing and implementing monthly account planning and activities
- Provide guidance to and be a mentor for junior staff and interns
- Work effectively with peers in identifying problems and developing solutions to successfully manage any minor account issues that may arise
- Act as the entry point in the agency to account management and have fiscal responsibility over client service and account profitability under the guidance of a senior manager
- Manage 3 or more client accounts
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and ability to solve problems
- Delegate and manage work appropriately across account internal and external teams
- Possess strong writing and editing skills; client correspondence, reporting documents, point-of-view strategy documents, agency and client blog posts, and other integrated marketing materials
- Drive smart, tactical execution of client programs
- Participate in planning sessions and support development of marketing strategy for clients and the internal agency brand
- Establish strong knowledge of relevant media to generate awareness of our clients’ clients’ products, services, thought leadership, and other activities
- Develop successful, productive relationships with client contacts
- Understand what success means to each client, then deliver on those results
- Help manage billing process and play key role in budget development/ management
- Add creative insight and problem-solving to all of the above on a consistent basis
- Manage projects independently where necessary
- Must be able to perform campaign data analysis, identify campaign trends and make performance recommendations based on measurement and metrics.
- Experience with project management software, digital marketing dashboards, and CRM databases (e.g. HubSpot and Tapclicks).
- Must be proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite of products, and knowledgeable in organic and paid social media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest, and internet tools such as file sharing, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of professional account services experience, preferably within an agency environment
- BA/BS in Communications/Marketing/Journalism/Advertising/Business or equivalent
- Creative, strategic thinker, curious mind
- Strong initiative, work ethic and attention to detail
- Effective writing skills, especially proposals and creative briefs
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Excellent communicator – leads and contributes actively in meetings
- Problem-solver – proactive in finding solutions
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a collaborative environment
- Dedication to learning and mastering account service best practices
*This is an in-office position
…fun downtown (Walker’s Point) office environment
…great health insurance
…401k + match